Sunday 16 February 2020

Church Life - A retrospective of 9 years living in the USA

Thank-you for taking the time to read my blog, the concept of this series has been bandied about in my mind for years.  I've toyed with writing a book, or doing a YouTube series n this topic, but I think ultimately if for no-one else but my family, I wish to get this down into some digestible format.

 My family and I moved to Texas in March of 2011, time has flown so fast and I am very grateful for this country to allow me to live here and call it home.  So much as has changed in 9 years, the MCU was just getting into its flow and Man Utd where still contending for titles.

So what do I intend this series to be about, well the Church, the visible and invisible, the good and the bad, my thoughts, conversations, burdens for it and a great deal of other stuff.  I don't know how much I intend to write, but I want to make a few things clear.  This is going to be about WHAT I write, now about HOW I write it - in other words I am not a good writer and I know it. I write like I think, and I think I speak better than I write.  I have learned and unlearned a great deal over 9 years, and I have no reason to believe that what I believe in 2020 is what I will exit the decade thinking.  I also don't consider myself an expert or anything close, I just have a few things to say in the hopes to make us all think and seek God on these matters.  I also need to stress a few things, I may say things that are heavy, offensive or appear unkind, as I touch on the topics that are in my outline, I shall be doing my best to seek the truth on these topics, it is not intend to cause hurt but to build up and that may mean bringing words of rebuke. 

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.Proverbs 27:6

In my line of work I have heard this sentiment often, "Find out what the leaders are doing, and copy them", you see we emulate that which we admire. If your starting a new search engine, then your likely on the right track to want to study the business pattern and lessons of Yahoo and Google.

 My first challenge to us all, if we say we want to emulate our Lord Jesus Christ, then why do we look so much like the world?


3 comments: